Last Updated: Tue, 29.11.11 12:15
Major parties agree to extend CA term by six months; form national
consensus government as per 7-point deal
The meeting of the three major parties – UCPN (Maoist), Nepali
Congress (NC) and CPN (UML) – and United Democratic Madhesi Front
(UDMF) concluded Tuesday with an agreement to extend the term of the
Constituent Assembly by six more months.
In the meeting held at the Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction in
Singha Durbar, the major political parties signed a six-point
understanding on CA term extension, immediate formation of a national
consensus government and power-sharing, among others.
The major parties inked the understanding after the four-member
taskforce they had formed on Sunday to prepare a detailed time-bound
calendar within a week submitted a proposal for the six-month term
extension of CA.
With the Supreme Court's ruling that the term of the Constituent
Assembly can be extended only once, the meeting of the taskforce of
the major parties had on Monday agreed on the government's proposal to
extend the CA term by six months. The taskforce also agreed to ask the
top leadership of the major parties to initiate the process of forming
a national consensus government as envisaged in the seven-point
understanding signed by major parties on November 1.
With the understanding, the extension of CA is likely to happen this afternoon.
The House session to vote on the 11th constitution amendment bill for
six-month extension of CA has been called today, a day before the CA's
The current tenure of the CA expires on November 30.
Last Updated: Tue, 29.11.11 11:27
Regrouping process completed in six of seven PLA Divisions
The process of regrouping former Maoist PLA combatants that started
since last week ended in the First Division cantonment at Chulachuli
of Ilam, Second Division at Dudhauli of Sindhuli, Third Division at
Shaktikhor of Chitwan, Fourth Division in Nawalparasi, Fifth Division
at Dahaban of Rolpa and Sixth Division at Dashrathpur of Surkhet on
Monday evening while some work remained to be done in the Seventh
Division at Talaband of Kailali.
Altogether 15,774 combatants among the 19,503 cantoned in seven main
cantonment sites (MCS) and 21 satellite camps were regrouped as of
Monday evening. Of the total combatants, 8,738 have opted for
integration, 7,031 have opted for voluntary retirement and 5 have
opted for rehabilitation package. The final reports, however are yet
According to reports, more than 2,500 former Maoist combatants were
absent in the regrouping process that came to an end in six main
cantonments sites on Monday evening.
On Monday, 1281 combatants of Second Division, 3,319 of Third
Division, 2,614 combatants of Fourth division, 2,126 combatants of
Fifth Division, 2,693 combatants of Sixth Division and 2,219
combatants of Seventh Division had been regrouped.
Although the Army Integration Special Committee (AISC) was given time
till Monday to complete the regrouping process, the deadline has been
extended by three days to accomplish all regrouping tasks.
Balananda Sharma, Coordinator of the AISC, said that the regrouping
process could not end in the Seventh Division as it was initiated
As per reports from each of the seven PLA division, out of total 1,930
cantoned combatants at the First Division at Chulachuli, 1,501
combatants have been regrouped. Of them 787 combatants opted for
integration and 714 combatants for voluntary retirement; however, 429
combatants were absent in the regrouping.
Similarly, out of 1,297 combatants of the Second Division who have
been regrouped as of Monday, 813 opted for integration, 481 opted for
voluntary retirement and 3 opted for rehabilitation.
Of the 3,319 combatants regrouped at Third Division, 2,157 opted for
integration and 1,162 combatants for voluntary retirement; however 651
verified combatants were absent in the regrouping.
At the Fourth Division, altogether 2,615 combatants have been
regrouped on Monday. Out of the total regrouped combatants, 1,277
opted for integration and 1,338 for voluntary retirement.
At the Fifth Division, 2,126 combatants have been regrouped. Of them,
1,187 opted for integration and 939 opted for voluntary retirement.
At the Sixth Division, 2,693 combatants have been regrouped. Out of
the total regrouped combatants, 1,483 opted for integration and 1,210
combatants went for voluntary retirement.
Lastly, at the Seventh Division, 2,229 combatants have been regrouped
as of Monday evening. Of them, 1,040 opted for integration, 1,187
opted for voluntary retirement and 2 for rehabilitation.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Posted by Palash Biswas at 1:32 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2017 (250)
- ► 2016 (990)
- ► 2015 (5363)
- ► 2014 (1962)
- ► 2013 (6088)
- ► 2012 (6784)
- रीटेल एफ डी आई से कारोबार पर विदेशी पूंजी काबिज और...
- ‘MINDCONTROL’ AND ELECTRONIC WEAPONS - VICTIMS' OR...
- Welcome to the world of corporate psychopaths
- Financial 'vultures' poised to swoop on Africa thr...
- MEDVEDEV: RUSSIA SERVES NOTICE November 28, 2011 B...
- Nepal Updates
- Statement Condemning Repression Against Anti POSCO...
- he GOP’s Middle Class Tax Increase
- F-22s Gobble Up More Billions
- Adivasi Bounded Labour Killed,No Justice yet.-Than...
- US war against Pakistan?
- PIL to Register FIR Against Mukesh Ambani, RIL
- The lawsuit that could end the gangster rule of We...
- Throw These Cooking Oils in the Trash
- Retail FDI: The Calculations and Compulsions..
- Manual scavengers poster -READ
- Irula Tribe women sexualy abused by Police - Tiruk...
- Sr. Valsa case with the National Commission for Women
- Oh The aggressors! Oh The killers of the Innocent ...
- MY AUSTRIA VISIT AND PROJECT OF HOPE Asghar Ali En...
- Fwd: BAMCEF & RMS 28TH N.C. 24TH TO 28TH DEC 2011,...
- Fwd: [OrissaConcerns] Statement on the Repression ...
- Fwd: declare aadhaar illegal, pleads suit - bangal...
- Fwd: [bangla-vision] FD News and an important action
- Fwd: हस्तक्षेप.कॉम चल अन्ना घर आपने रेन भई यह देश…
- Fwd: Tom Burghardt: Target Iran - Washington's Cou...
- Fwd: Kanimozhee bhee Kaanee ho Gayee!
- Fwd: Truth behind the appeal to Hindus - One secon...
- Fwd: (Desiyatra)-- Sharad slap unites Indian polit...
- Fwd: Today's Exclusives - Controversial stock oper...
- In Tamil Nadu’s southern districts, prisoners are ...
- Fishy Friends By Nigar Ataulla
- Rapid Haramikaran Of India - Growth Rate Food 2%, ...
- Dalit labourer dies, nephew alleges he was beaten
- Water politics in the Jordan River basin
- Dr. Bhupen Hazarika honoured in London - 1999
- declare aadhaar illegal, pleads suit - bangalore, ...
- DGP Mr. BR Lall – Crusader Against ‘Black Money’ N...
- The glimpses of Post FDI in retail
- Anand Sharma writes to parties clarifying FDI stance
- The Miqati Government in Lebanon – Continued Subju...
- Miami-protest spokesman led 'Nuke Israel' rally
- Why not open debate on Holocaust?+Capitalism under...
- Discussion on Karnataka Guarantee of Services to C...
- Statue of Liberty – an Egyptian Peasant Lady?
- Moroccan opposition warns of silent majority
- De Jager talks tough as he heads to Berlin for tal...
- Debt Crisis Belgium under the tutelage of Brussels?
- Eurobond talk should not be 'taboo', Monti tells V...
- Will Global Financial Demolition Lead To New World...
- Would uranium sales to India breach a key Labor tr...
- Fwd: [Occupy Kolkata] i know casteism in india is ...
- Fwd: [Marxistindia] CPI(M) Supports Traders Call f...
- Fwd: Julie Lévesque: Protest in Syria: Media Lies ...
- Fwd: [Occupy Delhi] IN 1886-94, DURING THE SANTHAL...
- Fwd: [Occupy Delhi] PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATIC STUDENT...
- Bangladesh: International anti-imperialism conference
- 5,000,000 North East Indian Migrations Expected in...
- Prosecutor: Reagan, Bush not criminally liable
- LIVING IN GERMANY
- Occupy Everywhere: Michael Moore, Naomi Klein on N...
- The People's Surveillance State
- Washington's $8 Billion Shadow
- Where Does Occupy Wall Street Go From Here? ...a p...
- Israel's technology or its politics that the minis...
- Targeted Individual due for execution unless we dr...
- FDI in Retail for 99% Indians – Vendors, Farmers, ...
- HUNDREDS RALLY IN MUZAFFARABAD AGAINST MFN STATUS ...
- KSA: Thousands in Eastern Province Chant Death to ...
- LIBYA: Thousands accused of Gaddafi links held by ...
- RSS A pure religion- LIKE SIKHS/Jaina/ BUDHA/= wit...
- Dead Man Talking: More Fake Encounters in Gujarat
- 21st Greatest Sikh Traitor Parkash Chand Badal ina...
- Up to 25 Pak soldiers dead in NATO chopper attack
- Abhay Sahu, leader of anti-POSCO movement arrested
- login immediately Meshram saheb speaking
- Nuclear emergency in Japan: lessons for India
- DRUM- Desis Rising Up & Moving
- World's Largest and Longest Invisible War
- Regards to PIL- Chinese expert praises Indian courts-
- Non-discrimination and Equality in India Contestin...
- Akal Takht, SGPC condemn slapping of Sharad Pawar
- Urbanization key to speedy growth: RBI governor
- Egypt's economy slumps under weight of unrest
- FDI decision taken to help Rahul's foreign friends...
- Kishenji's body identified by niece
- aviation crisis News Stories
- KISHENJI SPECIAL Calcutta Corner Why is Mamata Ban...
- Bring the spice back The men have left the Sunderb...
- Maoists allege fake encounter PRONAB MONDAL
- Blunted: Maoist peril & CPM slur - CM scores twin ...
- Hunt for Suchitra yields purse NARESH JANA
- State to fly Kishan’s body home if identified by n...
- Egg on the face of fake Tagore champions - All 20 ...
- State steps up border vigil Police escort for fore...
- Kishan wily, govt wilier Parivartan and penetratio...
- Reforms Drive is in Topmost Gear Now in Absence of...
- Fog effect: 28 trains to remain cancelled for two ...
- ISHRAT JAHAN: MURDER IN COLD BLOOD Ram Puniyani
- ▼ November (1134)
Post a Comment